Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Symbian Vs Android
11-18-2011, 09:53 PM
RE: Symbian Vs Android
symbian is not open source but android is open source, that is one of thier weakness, actually symbian used to be open source, you can check it here http://symbian.nokia.com/blog/2011/04/04...-business/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Well android phones will soon be affordable we just wait for it and i also want to try it. Big Grin
11-18-2011, 11:08 PM
i think some android phones are affordable now. android phones are better than symbian.
11-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Yes Android is getting better now a days and launching many good applications, soon it will be the first choice for mobile users.I ll switch to android in the future.
11-19-2011, 12:38 AM
i think that the touch screen phones that run in android has better graphics and can switch from one application to another easily and of course there are many features in here that we don't see in the symbian phone.
11-19-2011, 02:12 AM
theres alot making money making android apps.
11-19-2011, 02:25 AM
well android phones are really trending now not just with the apps but also for the price.. some android phones also have softwares of iphones
11-19-2011, 06:23 AM
android phone are getting popular now a days coz the make it easy to use...not like other iphone OS... well we will going to see about that if is the android or a symbian....
11-19-2011, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2011 08:13 AM by radascars.)
I have tried a lot of Android games and also Symbian. I am fortunate to have both symbian OS phone and an Android phone. I cannot really compare the two because Android games is really good due to the fact that it has good spec too unlike with Symbian OS especially the s60v5 that are not that good enough. As you said its an old OS which is already outdated.

When it comes to application I believe Symbian is left behind because there are several android apps that are free and is useful to the user.

My vote goes to Android. It could have been better if you include iOS too. Smile
11-19-2011, 08:30 AM
...android,, cauze it has so many feature,, and much more up to date,